Tuesday 19 March 2013

Creating the typography

When making the typography, the first thing I had to do was find a base font that I wanted to start working from.  From our past research we decided on the font Bloody impact.

To create the typography I will be using Adobe Photoshop. After creating a background layer and colouring it black, I added an additional adjustment layer to add the text to invert the colour.  







I then edited this text layer by adding adjustment layers to add drop shadows, inner shadows, bevel and emboss, stroke and gradient overlay following the colour scheme of gold and blue.






I then added a duplicate text layer just below the original text layer which created the effect of a whole text shadow.

By cutting out the text and making the background transparent, the typography was therefore transferable to our 3 media products.





No comments:

Post a Comment